ICS3U Course/Class Policies
All Graphical User Interface programs will be NO LARGER THAN (1000, 800) pixels.Anything larger will lose 3 Application or Thinking marks
THE MOST IMPORTANT GUIDELINE for success in this course:
If you are having difficulty, please talk to your teacher IMMEDIATELY. Don't lose time because you don't understand something. Now is the time to learn to advocate for yourself.
THE SECOND MOST IMPORTANT GUIDELINE for success in this course:
Web-surfing, texting, using social media and partaking of time-wasting activities that use up class time the teacher has provided for assignment work is a MARK KILLER. Use self-regulation to make best use of your class time to accomplish course objectives.
THE THIRD MOST IMPORTANT GUIDELINE for success in this course:
You will likely NOT have enough class time to complete all assignments in provided class work periods only. It is your responsibility to work on your own time at home or in the lab to make sure you complete assignments on time.
NO FOOD IS PERMITTED IN THE LAB.If you need to eat, please excuse yourself and eat in the hallway.
Dispose of all garbage BEFORE returning to the room (ie. in a hallway waste receptacle). Thank you.
USE a Mac at your own risk. Neither the school nor your teacher can support your Macintosh computer or personal computer. It's YOUR responsibility to make sure your assignment will run on a Room 305 Windows 10 workstation BEFORE the due date.
Working From Home - Software You Need
Submission of Course Work
1. Your assignments are due BY THE DUE DATE specified by your teacher.
2. You should be submitting your BEST work. The more effort you put into a project, the higher the likelihood you'll earn a
USE ASSIGNMENT RUBRICS as CHECKLISTS to make sure you've satisfied all requirements!
3. Your teacher will ONLY look in your H:/ICS3U folder for the project folders for submitted work and other assignments.
The exceptions are Google Docs assignments specified by your teacher.
4. .ZIP files will not be accepted. If you are working at home or on a laptop, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to load your projects into your H:/ICS3U folder in
IDE-executable form BY THE DUE DATE.
5. Board and School policies will be followed in suspected cases of academic dishonesty.
A few words about protecting your work:
1. During tests, quizzes, assignments and other submitted work, protect your papers/tests/quizzes/ programs from
wandering eyes.Copying of answers/work may affect all parties with identical and near-identical answers.
2. Your teacher may make photocopies of tests and other submitted work before returning it to you.
3. BUY A USB DRIVE. They're cheap insurance against data loss.
4. BACK UP YOUR WORK FREQUENTLY TO A USB DRIVE OR TO THE CLOUD. "I lost my project" will not be accepted
as an excuse for time extension.